Join us on Thursday September 21st, at the Belin McCormick Law Firm in Des Moines, for an engaging joint event with our local ILTA chapter.
An experienced panel of IT experts will discuss eDiscovery related topics such as firm storage, big data and electronically stored information (ESI) databases, document management systems, tips for eDiscovery paralegals and litigation support teams, HIPAA compliance for storing data, retention policies and IT security requirements. The panel will ask and answer questions including:
- What are your data retention policies in general & specifically related to ESI housed on your firm's network?
- What data storage systems are you using to house ESI or big data received from clients?
- What DMS are you using, what are your recommendations and implementation tactics/tricks?
- How does your firm handle HIPAA compliance for data housed on your network?
- What are some other security issues and firewall information from an IT perspective?
Kevin Anderson - Team Leader, IT Services, Davis Brown Law Firm
Kim Balk (Conant) - IT Manager, Ahlers & Cooney, P.C.
Brandon Haines - Director of Information Technology, Dickinson Mackaman Tyler & Hagen, P.C.
James Linney - Director of Information Technology, Whitfield & Eddy, P.L.C.
Matthew A. Mallory - IT Manager, Brown, Winick, Graves, Gross, Baskerville & Schoenebaum, PLC
Scott Strauss - IT Drector, Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman, PLC
Josh Thomas - Help Desk Tech / Systems Administrator, Belin McCormick
Lunch is sponsored by Belin McCormick and will be provided at both the Des Moines and Cedar Rapids meeting locations. Please RSVP by September 18th and specify if you plan to participate in-person or remotely so that we can obtain an accurate lunch count.
In Des Moines:
666 Walnut Street, Suite 2000
In Cedar Rapids:
Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman,
115 Third Street S.E., Suite 1200
For those of you participating remotely, the web-ex login and conference line information is below:
Conference Dial-in Number: (641) 715-0861
Participant Access Code: 635621#